Listen.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Torn Beauty.

So while this has nothing to do with Prague or studying abroad, I am still going to put it on here =)

About a month ago I entered a photo contest with the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the main newspaper.  It was a travel photo contest with three different categories, one of which was "People of the World."  The minute I read that title, an image from my trip to Uganda popped into my mind.

So I submitted it, hoping that in a long shot I might have a chance.  While it might be a good picture, I was hoping that people would see past the picture and see what I see.  The picture captivates me not because how beautiful it may look, but the look in this young girls eyes.  They draw you in and you can't look away.  And this is what I was hoping the judges would see...

And they did =)  I just found out today that I got first place out of over 1,000 entries!  I won a trip to Florida for two people.

While this is really exciting, I'm more excited about something else!  The lady from the paper called me today for a phone interview.  I was able to tell her about the missions trip, who we were serving, the ministry and what the people of Northern Uganda have gone through.  After I got off the phone I just felt REALLY happy, not because I had won, but knowing that a ton of people are going to ready about the children of Uganda =)

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea! this is amazing!!! great job!!! Who are you going to take to Florida?? :)

    ReplyDelete