Listen.

Friday, June 1, 2012

The Return.


When I left Prague over two and a half years ago, I never imagined that it would cross my mind most days or that I would leave a wonderful friend behind -- but I did know that I would be back. A place such as Prague can't be ignored and it most definitely can't be forgotten.

It is hard to believe that in just a few days I will be headed back.  I can't help but wish that I had only purchased a one-way ticket, three weeks will fly by and I will be wanting more.

I've talked to a few people about what Prague was to me, how it was more than just an incredible study abroad experience.  Prague was a place of rest for me, I seemed to be at peace when I was there.  With no distractions and no presence of things unwanted, I was able to see clearly for the first time.  And it was five months of rest, of rejuvenation and of discovering things within myself that I didn't know existed.

And after being gone for two years, so many of those feelings and those lessons learned have faded away.  That person I became while walking the streets of a city so beautiful has lost her way in places of distraction and temptation.  Prague was the place I learned what emptiness and loneliness really meant and felt like, but Prague was also where the Lord filled me to the brim and gave me a wonderful friend.  He taught me about dependency on Him and what it looks like to walk with Him everyday.

So I venture back.  I consider myself incredibly blessed that I am able to visit a friend who has taught me so much over the past few years.  Being able to walk the streets of a city I call home alongside a friend I love is more that I can ask for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment