Listen.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Česky Krumlov.

Yesterday Irenka and I headed off to Česky Krumlov early in the morning (get up at 5:30am kind of early) for a day trip.  Česky Krumlov was a place I had intended on visiting when I was here before, but time never allowed it.  I am very glad = we decided to go, it was incredibly beautiful.

We started out the day with a cappuccino and muffin at a cafe on the river.  (The Vltava River flows through the town in the shape of an S)  From there we walked.  We walked up and down the winding, cobblestone streets and peeked our heads into cute boutiques and galleries.  Everything was picturesque and seemed to be out of a fairytale.  







One of my favorite things when looking out over towns in Prague are the rooftops.  They don't match, and it's great! They are all different sizes, textures, heights, and they are so squished together.  People should start filming action movies here -- bad guys would have a hard time jumping over these rooftops. 


Irenka headed back to Prague around one o'clock to take care of Stella and I stayed for the rest of the afternoon.  My first stop were the Castle Gardens.  After a long walk up this hill, I made it.  And here I entered the enchanted forest (don't mind my dramatic wording, it really is enchanted.)  The trees towered over me as I walked through the center of the forest, on a path that didn't seem to end.  Well it did end...but it ended at an enchanted pond! I'm talking lilly pads and frogs and birds and a rickety row boat and no people. Dream come true. 




I walked and climbed a few trees and then settled on a little dock to read and write.  It was insanely quiet. Birds were my company and I felt completely isolated from the world (in a good way). The sun was shining and I was happy.  I spent a few hours there and then decided to explore some more. 


I made my way towards the side of the river that was not flocking with people.  Down a little pathway led me out of the restaurants and cafes and into actual resident's homes.  I hope they don't mind, but I borrowed one of their stone stairs to read on.  I was hidden, it was nice.  I finally finished my book (Slaughterhouse Five- Kurt Vonnegut). 


Five o'clock rolled around too quickly and so I headed back to the bus stop.  Thankfully the girl next to me was gracious enough to blast her music (some 90's pop rock) through her headphones, since I forgot mine. (sarcasm)

Oh, also--they have bears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment