Listen.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Planes. Movies. Bags.



I ran through the airport for the first time.  Part of me thought it would be like the movies--you know, the whole "hair still looks nice as you are booking it through the crowds of people and you make it just as they are closing the gate!" But the movies are crap.

Here is what it was like. My flight from Newark to Munich landed late, it landed 5 minutes after my flight to Prague was boarding. Oops. I hopped on the shuttle and prayed that we had a fast driver--NOPE--SLOWEST LADY EVER. At this point I had 15 minutes until the plane left, the running began.  I made it through customs (I was sweating at this point), the running continued.  Then I heard it..."Will Miss HANNAH YASAKEY please make her way to gate 45!" Shoot.  Why I decided to fill my carry on bag with my life plus some gummi peach rings, I don't know--but I was regretting it.

Nevertheless, I made it.  I ran out the gate, into the rain, up the stairs and into my seat on the plane.  I felt the need to tell someone about my escapade, so I said to the old man next to me, "I just ran through the airport." He made this strange noise, "GRMM." Not really sure what it meant, but I was content.

I had made it to Praha, life was good. I was happy.  Then I get to baggage claim, and because of the late planes and such, my bag didn't make it! O well, at least I wouldn't have to drag it onto the metro and up the cobblestone streets :)


 I finally made it to Irenka, a joyous reunion indeed.  Yesterday and today were quite cold and rainy, but it has allowed me to rest up from jetlag and relax.  We walked around the city today and got my metro pass so the police don't hate me (sorry Devon!).


1 comment:

  1. first off slaugher house five is a fantastic book and second, i am so happy that you have been able to go back to Prague! i look forward to reading your posts once again =] its funny cause just about a month ago a friend of mine said i should go to prague. of all places he said prague =] maybe one day i too shall go to prague and fall in love with it......
    ~Erica Henry

    ReplyDelete