Listen.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

TESCO?

Tesco. The mysterious, unfindable grocery store.

Jake, Devon, Donnie and I decided to venture out in the morning (Saturday) to get some more groceries at Tesco, the large department store here in Praha. After one wrong turn off the metro, we spent the next two and half hours wandering the city in search of this store =)

What may seem like a pointless hunt, turned into a great opportunity to see the city. From the metro to the tram, we traveled all over! We saw Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter, the Royal Opera House and much more. Finally we gave in and called our contact, asking for directions. Turns out... that the grocery store section of Tesco was actually in the basement of a store we had already been to! Not knowing any Czech takes you on quite an adventure...

Another cheap shopping trip sent us back to our apartment to unpack and relax. Later in the evening we met two of the other girls in our program, Liza and Christine. I met them at the metro and then we ran into Donnie and Jake on our way back to the apartment. We all headed towards the Nove Mesto district to check out a few local pubs. We ended up in The Shamrock, a local Irish pub. Getting to know everyone was great, since our program is small, we will be spending a lot of time together.

Finally being here, I still feel like I'm in a haze. I feel a bit lost in the huge and beautiful city. There are definitely going to be a lot of adjustments, and I know I will be stretched. I couldn't ask for anything more...

No comments:

Post a Comment