Listen.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Let's Go Exploring.

We left Dublin around 8 and flew back to London. We headed straight to our storage unit and dropped off our carry-on bags, the seem to be getting heavier =) Since we had already been in London for awhile, we all had a sense of our favorite parts. We decided to split up for the afternoon and go exploring...

I headed back towards the British Museum where I had remembered seeing a bunch of small book stores. And there I buried myself. Books on art, history, literature, fashion, architecture, they all were crammed in shelves so close together you could barely walk through. I plopped down on the floor and began reading. While the past 2 weeks have been wonderful, they were a bit stressful as well, so being able to just relax and read was just what I needed. After three shops and two purchases later (Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer and This Blinding Absence of Light by Tahar Ben Jelloun) I headed to Starbucks. We were all meeting there later and I was tired of walking so I settled in a corner with a coffee and a book and read my afternoon away (I finished This Blinding Absence of Light by the end of the day, I highly recommend it!)

Six o'clock rolled around and we all met up for dinner at a cute little whole in the wall crepe shop, Creme de la Crepe. I'm in love with crepes, they are so delicious!

London decided that it had given us enough nice weather and gave us some rain, just as we had to go pick up our luggage :/ We got on the tube and went back to our storage unit, picked up our luggage and trucked in through the rain back onto the tube. Since our wallets were running dry we just decided to stay the night in the airport.

Well who knew that a lot of people sleep in the airport. Seats were a hot commodity and we all tried to find some bit of comfort. We managed to get a few hours of sleep, but were forced awake by the noise and the cold.

Check-in. Bag drop. Security. Waiting. Boarding. Flying. Baggage Claim. Customs. Prague.

No comments:

Post a Comment