Listen.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm Jealous.

The Antrim Coast.
Jane and I walking in the countryside.
Climbing up Giant's Causeway.
Jake, Devon and I on top of Giant's Causeway.
Jane and I.

I'm jealous of this country. Of it's beautiful coast and the sheep on the hills. I'm jealous of its silence amidst the loud waves.

Ireland continues to surprise me. We woke up a bit late to sunshine pouring through the windows. Mary Jane's family was wonderful, letting us stay the night, cooking us delicious food and giving us a true Belfast experience.

After a great breakfast we packed up and headed towards the northern coast to MJ's college apartment. We stopped at this wooden bridge hike thing... I can't remember the name. A nice walk along the coast line was a bit chilly but absolutely gorgeous. The rolling hills covered in old farm houses and sheep was a nice change to Ohio's flat land.

From here we kept driving to the Giant's Causeway. Legend has it that an Irish giant starting building it as a bridge to Scotland, to fight a Scottish giant... or something like that (google it). Another great walk along the coast line took us all these cube-like stones piled on top of each other. We climbed up them! On our walk back it started raining, but not for too long.

We finally made it to MJ's apartment in Port Stewart. It is this beautiful little coastal town =) Her apartment overlooks the ocean with great big bay windows. We freshened up a bit and went into town to a nice restaurant for dinner.

Unfortunately I started getting sick yesterday, so I stayed in tonight while the rest went out to the pub. I hoping it is just a sore throat that doesn't last long :/

1 comment:

  1. too much pub hoping will do that - it happened to me when i was there. stay healthy and stay sober =P love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete